My Photo
Name:
Location: Poquoson, Virginia, United States

I'm a twice divorced white male, and I live in Virginia with my 11 year old son. I'm a born again Christian but rarely attend services because most churches do not fit my view of proper worship. Politically, my views are quite liberal, although I believe in principle with states' rights.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

First post

I have finally decided to get off my butt and start posting to my blog. It is something I have wanted to do for a very long time but haven't because of other interests and obligations. I have reorganized my priorities and have finally chosen to devote more time toward this pursuit. One of the motivating factors have been my complete disgust with Republican corruption and the ever growing erosion of civil liberties. From the very beginning, I have viewed the Bush administration with skepticism and grave concern. The difference now is that many of my fears are materializing.
Two years ago, I decided, with great deliberation, to drop my self ascribed independent label and join the ranks of the Democratic party. Matter of politics have become too important and critical to ignore. The days of straddling the fence, standing on the sidelines, and supporting the candidates of principle are over. It is now time to choose a side and join the fight for freedom and responsibility.
I have not only joined the Democratic party; I have chosen to become an activist in the party. I take great pride in helping the candidacies of John Kerry and Tim Kaine for President and Governor, respectively. In these two elections there have been victories and defeats, but I am proud to have fought the good fight. I look forward to this year's Congressional election and hope to unseat my district's Republican representative, Jo Ann Davis.
My first few posts will be devoted to introducing you to who I am and the issues that concern me. I will detail what it means to be a liberal in the south and how I feel the new southern strategy should be devised for the Democratic party. Make no mistake, the south is an important electorate that must not be ignored nor forsaken by the Democrats. I have done a considerable amount of research on the views of our leaders and have some interesting ideas about where we all stand in the political spectrum. My view of the political lay of the land follows the Nolan model and I will be sharing this with you in the near future. For a sneak preview, you may copy and paste the following link :
http://www.angelfire.com/va/spartopia/poli.xls
Due to angelfire policy, you may not use the link directly to access the survey, however, you may copy and paste it. I would be very interested to see the results of all those who read my blog and choose to take the survey. Please e-mail me your results and or post them as a reply to this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home